Part D Senior Savings Model (SSM)
Great news! WellCare is taking the sting out of insulin costs.
As you prepare for the 2021 Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), WellCare wants to highlight a way for members to save with the Senior Savings Model (SSM).
New SSM for Insulin Medications
Beginning January 1, 2021, select WellCare plans will participate in the new Part D Senior Savings Model (SSM) for insulin medications. Eligible members enrolled in participating plans will pay no more than $35 for a 30-day supply of select covered insulin medications in the deductible, initial coverage, and coverage gap phases.
The goal of the SSM is to keep out-of-pocket costs low, consistent, and predictable.
WellCare Plan Participation
- PDP: 102 PDP plans (3 PDP products) will participate in all regions
- Participating plans: Value Script, Wellness Rx, and Value Plus
- Insulin cost shares for all 3 PDP plans will be $35
- MAPD: 22 MAPD plans will participate in select states
- Participating states: FL, GA, CT, IL, MI, LA, TX
- Insulin cost shares for MAPD plans will vary ranging from $0-$35
For more information and a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), Click here for the Senior Savings Model Overview.
2021 Supplemental Benefit Videos & One Pagers
2021 Supplemental videos and One Pagers are now available. Use these resources to see what benefits your clients can take advantage of, and why they should choose us in AEP.
Supplemental Benefit Videos
- 2021 Dental Benefit
- 2021 Fitness Benefit
- 2021 Flex Card Benefit
- 2021 Giveback Plans
- 2021 In-home Supports Benefit
- 2021 Low Income Subsidy (LIS) Plans
- 2021 Meals Benefit
- 2021 Non-emergency Transportation Benefit
- 2021 OTC Benefit
- 2021 Preferred Mail Order Benefit
- 2021 Prescription Drug Plans
- 2021 Routine Hearing Benefit
- 2021 Routine Vision Benefit
- 2021 SSBCI Benefit
Supplemental Benefit One Pagers
We hope you find these resources helpful. We are looking forward to a successful selling season and appreciate your partnership.
* The information in this post is no longer applicable. Contact 800.562.7733 for updates on any info in this article.
View Full Blog