A Message from WellCare Sales Communications
Important! AHIP is releasing their 2020 Medicare Advantage and fraud, waste and abuse training on June 17, 2019. Consider the following when working toward the completion of the 2020 AHIP requirement:
- 2020 AHIP will suffice to market/sell both 2
- 2019 and 2020 WellCare products
- As of 6/14, 2019 AHIP will no longer be available
- WellCare does not accept other Medicare fraud, waste and abuse training in place of AHIP
Get started early AND with a discount!
WellCare offers a $50 discount if completed via the WellCare/AHIP co-branded link:
Note: WellCare will not reimburse money paid towards training.
Transmitting completed AHIP to WellCare is easy!
Returning Partners: Access AHIP and login to your account, then click Transmit next to WellCare (1099).
New Partners: To connect your WellCare University account and your AHIP account, you must use the co-branded link to transmit your completed AHIP for the first time. Please login to your Agent Connect portal to contact Sales Support for further questions or call Agent Services at 866-822-1339.
Sales Commission Payment Direct Deposit – Reminder
Wellcare offers direct deposit to certified agents through third party vendor, PaySpan. Payment of commissions through direct deposit offers the following benefits:
- Faster payment receipt and improved cash flow
- Online access to payment remittances
- Elimination of lost/stolen checks in the mail
How to sign up for direct deposit:
Call Payspan Customer Service at (877) 331-7154 x 1 to set up your account.
Creating and Activating an Account with PaySpan
After one commission paycheck is processed, you will receive a mailed paper confirmation from Payspan that includes your Registration Code and Payspan Identification Number. Take the following steps to register your account on the PaySpan website:
- Go to www.payspanhealth.com/payables
- Select the Register Now button
- Enter the Registration Code and click Submit
- Enter your Agent Identification Number
- Enter your Tax Identification Number (TIN)) and city name
- Select Start Registration.
Note: Please have your bank account information available during the registration process.
Activate Direct Deposit
Within 3 days of registration, PaySpan will deposit less than $1 into your account for testing. Take the following steps to verify account setup:
- Login to PaySpan
- Click “Your Payments”
- Locate the Alerts section at the bottom left of the screen, click Account Verification
- Enter the amount deposited from the test run to activate your account. NOTE: The deposit does not need to be returned to Payspan.
Agent Connect Self-Service Options
As a reminder, Agent Connect provides self-service functionality enabling you to download marketing materials, contact the WellCare Sales Support team, and make changes to your profile:
- Last name
- Email address
- Home, shipping and/or business address
- Commission assignment
- Hierarchy assignment
- License updates
Download the Agent Connect User Guide for detailed steps on using your self-service functionality.
Medicare Beneficiary Identification (MBI) Number Application Requirements – Reminder
As a reminder, the beneficiary Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN) transitioned from social security number to the MBI format. However, the HICN will be accepted on enrollment applications through Plan Year 2019. Come 2020 Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), applications for January 1 effectives must have the MBI in order for the application to be processed.
Further, when completing an application, please ensure the MBI is clearly listed as the “Medicare Number” at the bottom of page 1 of the 2019 enrollment form. NOTE: Applications submitted with an incorrect/illegible MBI or HICN will not process and move into a pending RFI status, delaying coverage for the beneficiary. Please ensure you are obtaining the information directly from the beneficiary’s Medicare Card.
Please download the MBI Format Guide for further details related to the MBI format.
View Full Blog