New Hospital Indemnity plan is approved in nine more states, making it available in a total of 32 states
Effective February 1, 2019, Medico is introducing their new Hospital Indemnity plan in nine more states: Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming*. Here’s a brief summary of the exceptionally strong benefits you’ll see in these nine states effective February 1, 2019**:
Plan Benefit Changes:
- Increased the observation benefit from 50% to 100% and maximum days from three to six
- Added a transportation and lodging benefit
- Added 21 and 31 days of coverage to the daily confinement benefit (in Utah, all options are 10, 21, or 30 days) and added daily benefits starting at $100
- New outpatient surgical coverage, urgent care coverage and lump sum hospital confinement coverage
- Enhanced the outpatient therapy benefit to include chiropractic care
- Simplified skilled nursing coverage for up to 50 days
- Additional day added to ambulance service
* Previously approved states include AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NV, OK, OR, PA, TX, WI, and WV.
** Benefits may vary by state.
In addition, the rates on these policies will be approximately 19% lower.
Beginning January 15, 2019, sales kits and marketing materials for the new states will be available to order on MIC (the agent website).
Hospital Indemnity benefit enhancement and rate decrease for existing customers
As of February 1, 2019, all your Hospital Indemnity policyholders will have received notification of a richer observation unit benefit and lower rates. As a reminder, customer letters can be viewed in MIC, our agent website.
Please direct questions to Medico Agent Services at (800) 547-2401, option 3.
View Full Blog