HIGHMARK SENIOR MARKETS
WELCOME TO AEP!
It’s here! This year’s Annual Enrollment Period is finally upon us. To kick off their favorite season, Highmark is providing you with a variety of sales resources designed to simplify your sales process. Each week, they’ll share sales tips, insights, information and additional resources to help make this unprecedented AEP a successful one. As always, feel free to reach out to the Broker Services Team directly at
email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Application Submission Reminders
- Applications may be submitted online through the Producer Portal, or via fax at 1-888-663-0258.
- Please note that you should only submit an application through one channel. Please do not submit an application online and also fax it. This will cause delays in processing.
- If you submit an application online through the Portal, you can confirm the status by selecting “Check Application Status” once logged in. Alternately, if you fax an application, visit medicare.highmark.com and select “Check Application Status” at the bottom of the web page.
- Highmark strongly suggests that you submit applications through the Producer Portal instead of faxing applications. They have limited resources in the office this year, and they may see processing delays of faxed applications.
Scope of Appointment Form
- In all sales situations, you are required to capture a Scope of Appointment (SOA.)
- You are not required to submit an SOA with an application but you must retain a copy per CMS’ record retention guidelines.
- For online applications, if the SOA is not uploaded during the application, it should not be faxed separately.
- Do not submit SOAs without an application.
- In the event an application is not taken during a consultation, do not submit the SOA to Highmark.
- To view and download Highmark’s Scope of Sales Appointment Confirmation Form, click here.
- For a fillable PDF version of the SOA form, click here.
- Enrollment Kits can be ordered on ShopPRO, accessed through the Producer Portal.
- Kits can be accessed from your Dashboard under the Quick Links section of the Medicare Producer Portal.
OTC Benefit Product Catalog
Social Distancing Enrollment Options
This year especially, it’s good to have options when enrolling members. To see a list of all enrollment options and guidelines, click here.
*** REMINDER: Telephonic Enrollment Option Now Available for Brokers! ***
- Phone Number: 1-866-673-9112
- Once you have completed a phone consultation with the prospect and the prospect is ready to complete the enrollment, you may conference call the dedicated enrollment line for the beneficiary to complete the enrollment telephonically. (The personnel staffing the enrollment line are unlicensed agents and will not be able to provide consultative assistance to you or the beneficiary. If the beneficiary has any plan specific questions, they will be directed to call their agent back to assist before completing the enrollment.)
- Required Information: Please provide the agent your name and NPN, the beneficiaries’ name, and the plan they wish to enroll in. The agent staffing the line will then process the enrollment telephonically.
- To ensure all applications are properly processed, you must send the beneficiary’s name, DOB, and selected plan to HighmarkSeniorMarkets@highmark.com.
If your inquiry is urgent, please call 1-800-652-9459, option 2.
2021 Highmark Agent Field Guide
- This critical resource document provides you with an overview of everything you need to know in order to sell Highmark Medicare products.
- To view and download the 2021 Highmark Agent Field Guide, click here.
Regional Plan Highlight Sheets
- Click below to view and download quick reference guides to products in each of the sales regions.
- Lancaster – click here
- Lehigh Valley – click here
- Northeast PA – click here
- North Central PA – click here
- Northwest PA – click here
- South Central PA – click here
- Southwest PA – click here
- West Central PA – click here
- West Virginia – click here
View Full Blog