Access Health CT announces new SEP due to COVID-19 / coronavirus
With the exceptional circumstances due to the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19, Access Health CT (AHCT) announced that a NEW Special Enrollment Period (SEP) will be available to uninsured Connecticut residents to sign up for a health insurance plan.
The new SEP is going on now and ends Thursday, April 2, 2020. Connecticut residents must be lawfully present in the United States, and not incarcerated, to be eligible. The coverage for those who enroll during this new Special Enrollment Period will start on April 1, 2020.
Important points to note:
- This only applies to On-Exchange plans – this NEW Special Enrollment Period is not available Off Exchange and must be processed through Access Health CT.
- This only applies to uninsured individuals/families – those with existing health coverage are not eligible.
- The effective date of coverage will be April 1, 2020 (including those that apply on April 1 or April 2, 2020).
- The only way to sign up for this NEW Special Enrollment Period is by calling 1-855-365-2428. Consumers may work through a broker of record to apply for coverage.
- Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g. loss of coverage due to job change) can use existing methods for all other SEP enrollments: online, in-person, or over the phone.
- Uninsured consumers should apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to secure coverage for the remainder of the year. Beyond Qualifying Life Events (as noted above), there will not be another SEP solely for those who are uninsured and who do not experience a Qualifying Life Event.
Please note: New Individual business written outside of the open enrollment period (between January 2 and December 31) is eligible for compensation if renewed with Anthem during the subsequent open enrollment period. Then commissions will begin to pay as of the January 1 renewal effective date following that open enrollment cycle.
If you have questions, contact Access Health CT at 1-855-365-2428, go to www.accesshealthct.com, or contact your Anthem Sales Representative.
View Full Blog