Nevada Health Link announces new SEP due to COVID-19 / coronavirus
The Nevada exchange, Nevada Health Link, has announced that an immediate need exists for a one-time Exceptional Circumstance Special Enrollment Period (ECSEP) for qualified Nevadans who did not apply for coverage during the plan year 2020 Open Enrollment Period.
The new SEP takes place now until Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- Applications submitted between March 17 – April 1 will receive an April 1, 2020 effective date
- Applications submitted between April 2 – April 15 will receive a May 1, 2020 effective date
Important points to note:
- Only uninsured individuals/families that did not enroll for 2020 may apply during this SEP period.
- Documentation attesting that they have not already applied for 2020 coverage is required.
- Consumers can shop for a plan once their documentation is reviewed and approved by Nevada Health Link.
- Uninsured individuals can sign up for health insurance coverage through Nevada Health Link for this Exceptional Circumstance SEP from Tuesday, March 17 – Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- This only applies to On-Exchange plans – this new Exceptional Circumstance SEP is not available Off Exchange and must be processed through Nevada Health Link.
- Applications can be submitted online at www.nevadahealthlink.com or by calling 1-800-547-2927 during the following extended hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm PST and Saturday-Sunday: 10am-2pm PST (3/21 – 4/15).
- Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g. loss of coverage due to job change) can still use existing methods for all other SEP enrollments: online, in-person or over the phone.
View Full Blog