Covered California extends Individual SEP through July 31
Covered California is extending the current Individual Special Enrollment Period (SEP) to July 31, 2020, giving California residents more time to sign up for health-care plans. This extension offers a pathway to benefits for those who need health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Financial assistance is available through Covered California for eligible consumers. More financial help is available this year through state subsidies for low- and middle-income residents.
- Benefits start the first of the month after sign-up. Those losing job-based health insurance could avoid a gap in benefits.
- This SEP includes on- and off-exchange plans. Residents can enroll with Covered California, or with health insurance carriers in the off-exchange market through July 31, 2020.
- All medically-necessary screening and testing for COVID-19 is covered at no cost.
- All Covered California medical plans offer telehealth options.
Residents can connect with certified enrollers by:
- Requesting a call from a certified enroller who will help at no cost. (Available in many languages.)
- Searching at apply.coveredca.com.
If you have any questions about the extension of California’s Special Enrollment Period and how to help residents with enrollment, please contact your local Anthem sales team.
View Full Blog