In accordance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) regulations for Managed Care Organizations and your contractual relationship with Coventry, there are specific compliance regulations that must be adhered to by you as our “first-tier entity” including:
- Medicare FDR Compliance and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (“FWA”) Training
- Ensuring reporting mechanisms for potential compliance and FWA
- Distribution of the Code of Conduct
This training must be completed by your employees and downstream contractors servicing Coventry Medicare products initially upon hire/contracting and annually thereafter.
If you have completed the training this year for another Medicare sponsor, you do not need to repeat it.
This training does not apply to licensed agents/brokers.
1. Review the attached document outlining the training requirements:
This information is also in the Coventry Medicare Producer Manual that is accessible on the Broker Portal.
2. Complete Training
Use the link below or copy and paste in to your browser to access the online training. Then, click on “Non Provider FDRs” to view and complete the training and download the attachments:
3. Maintain Evidence of Training Completion
Per your contract with Coventry, you are required to comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to insurers, general agents and brokers, as well as the federal laws and regulations specific to Medicare plans.
• Your organization is responsible for ensuring that evidence of compliance with all of the aforementioned requirements is maintained by you for your organization and your downstream and/or related entities for a period of no less than 10 years. This evidence (i.e, staff training attendance logs, etc.) must be available to Coventry and/or CMS upon request.