Check out the new Journey Handbook for MAPD members
There’s an exciting new resource to help Aetna and Coventry MAPD members make the most of their plan in 2018 – Introducing the new 2018 Journey Handbook. Inside this handbook, MAPD members can find information about:
- Getting started
- How to contact Aetna
- Member tools
- Resources For Living
- How to find a PCP
- Behavioral health
- Urgent care vs ER
- Finding a pharmacy
- Aetna Rx Home Delivery
- Aetna Specialty Pharmacy
- Why tiers matter
- How to read a formulary
- Understanding drug payment stages
- Healthy home visits
- Case management services
- Medicare diabetes prevention program
- Medication therapy management
- OneTouch® diabetes supplies
Check out what they look like using the links below.
This month, approximately 700,000 Aetna and Coventry MAPD members will receive a Journey Handbook in the mail. Then going forward, new Aetna MAPD members will receive a handbook as part of a welcome kit after they enroll. The handbooks are also available on AetnaMedicare.com and Coventry-Medicare.com.
Get a jump start on the SilverSneakers fitness benefit
Did you know your Aetna and Coventry MA/MAPD clients get a no-cost membership at participating SilverSneakers fitness facilities? Yep! It’s included with their 2018 MA/MAPD plan. Once enrolled, members just need their SilverSneakers ID number. Learn more.
Support your clients’ health with new educational flyers
Login to the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio to find a variety of marketing and educational materials you can use during the lock-in season. You can print and ship materials right from the site. Or, you download PDF copies FREE of charge.
Shingrix®, a shingles vaccine, is now a covered drug
Starting February 1, Shingrix is a covered drug on Aetna and Coventry MAPD and PDP plans, giving members another option for preventing shingles. Here’s what you need to know:
- Shingrix will be a Tier 3 medication.
- There’s a Quantity Limit (QL) of 2 injections per year.
- The 2 doses (0.5 mL each) should be administered intramuscularly, according to the following schedule: first dose, followed by a second dose 2 – 6 months later.
- There is no change in coverage for Zostavax®, another vaccine for shingles; it’s still a Tier 3 medication with a QL.
Please advise your clients to speak to a medical provider to determine if the treatments referenced above are appropriate for them. This communication does not constitute medical advice.
View Full Blog