Download 2020 Aetna MA/MAPD sales presentations and videos
NEW for this year, you have two options to choose from when presenting Aetna MA/MAPD plans at sales events and beneficiary meetings: a 2020 Aetna MA/MAPD sales presentation or a 2020 sales video. Just log in to Producer World and download the version you prefer. You no longer need to flip between the presentation and the video. Both versions cover all the required information you must share with clients and prospects.
Plan Finder redesign: What you need to know
CMS recently launched a redesigned Medicare Plan Finder website. While a number of enhancements were made to the site, it’s missing a few features it previously had.
If you or your clients use Medicare Plan Finder (Medicare.gov), please be aware of these items so you can appropriately assist your clients this AEP. Please note that Aetna is working closely with CMS to see if additional adjustments can be made.
What you need to know
- The default sort order has changed. The new Plan Finder sorts results by premium and then by contract number. It no longer automatically shows plans with the lowest out-of-pocket costs first.
- There’s currently no way to filter plans by out-of-pocket costs. Fortunately, CMS is working on a solution. They expect to add a new filter for out-of-pocket costs to the Plan Finder site by October 15.
Alternative tools you can use
In the meantime, Aetna offers a number of great tools you can use to help your clients find the right plan this AEP. To compare Aetna MA/MAPD and SilverScript® PDP options, just go to www.aetnamedicare.com/compareplans, enter a zip code and then hit “Find Plans.” From there, you can:
- Sort plans by total estimated cost
- Find details on supplemental benefits like fitness and dental
- Compare plans side-by-side
- Add drugs to estimate costs, and more
2020 plans –including SilverScript® PDP– live on the Ascend app: Start sending eKits and SOAs
The 2020 Aetna MA/MAPD and SilverScript® PDP plans are now live on the Ascend Virtual Sales Office app. That means you can start creating eKits for your clients today. You can also start sending them electronic Scope-of-Appointment forms now, ahead of October 15.
You may notice some changes when you enroll your client in a 2020 plan. To preview what’s new, check out this user guide.
Earn more money with the Value-Based Enrollment option
Did you know? The value-based enrollment option is now available in 45 states. VBE is an extension of the enrollment process and allows you to earn an extra service fee of up to $50 per 2020 MA/MAPD enrollment. through the Ascend app. New to Ascend or VBE? Watch a training video.
Tools to help you sell 2020 Aetna MA/MAPD plans
- Scope of Appointment (SOA): paper, telephonic, email/text
- Permission-to-Contact form
- 2020 enrollment kits
- Compare 2020 MA/MAPD plans and estimate your clients’ costs
Make sure you check the fax number or mailing address before sending in 2020 paper applications starting October 15
3 ways to search for in-network providers
There are 3 easy ways to look up in-network providers for 2020 MA/MAPD plans.
- Online: Use the online provider lookup tool AetnaMedicare.com/findprovider. It’s updated 6 days a week.
- NEW phone number: Call the Aetna Medicare Broker Services Department at 1-866-714-9301, option 2.
- PDF: Download and print a provider directory from Producer World starting early October.
View Full Blog