When assisting your clients during OEP, you must follow CMS guidance outlining permitted and prohibited marketing activities.
- You may not send unsolicited materials to any MA or MAPD enrollee advertising the ability/opportunity to make an additional enrollment change during the OEP
- You may:
- Assist MA/MAPD clients with changing plans during OEP if they contact you and want to make a change.
- Market to age-in beneficiaries, as well as dual-eligible and low-income subsidy (LIS) beneficiaries, as you normally would. OEP rules do not impact marketing or enrollment rules for these individuals.
- At a beneficiary’s request, send marketing materials, have one-on-one meetings, and provide information on the OEP.
- Include general information on your website about enrollment periods, including OEP.
View Full Blog