Member ID cards – When and where to get them
When members enroll in a new Aetna or Coventry Medicare MA/MAPD or Part D plan, or when something about their existing plan changes (i.e., the plan name or copay amount), Aetna will send them a new ID card by mail.
Members can also view or print a copy of their member ID card, or request a new card by mail, through their secure member website.
- For Aetna members, the member website is Aetna Navigator. (Go to com, click “For Members” and then click “Log into our Secure Member Website.”)
Educate your clients about flu shot options
Aetna and Coventry Medicare Advantage members (MA/MAPD) are encouraged to get flu shots once a year in the fall or winter. To get a flu shot, MA/MAPD members can schedule an appointment with their doctor or they can visit one of our in-network flu shot pharmacies. Learn how members can get a flu shot.
Or you can download a flu shot reminder flyer to share with your clients from the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio. Remember, downloads are FREE!
What to know about 2018 coupon books for premium payment
Members who select to pay premiums by coupon book (i.e., direct pay) will receive a coupon book in the mail. Here are the top 5 things you need to know about this method of payment.
- When members select to pay by coupon book, we don’t send them a monthly bill. Members need to remember to send in payment on their own each month by mailing in a check and a payment coupon, or they can pay their premium online.
- Payment is due on the first day of each month. If Aetna does not get their payment by the 10th of the month, they’ll get a reminder notice.
- Members have the option to make a single payment for the entire 2018 plan year instead of making monthly payments. They just need to use the pre-payment coupon at the back of their coupon book; it shows the plan premium amount due for the entire year.
- Members and their spouse can send one check to pay their plan premiums. They just need to include both payment coupons. Otherwise, the payment will only go to one account.
Members can change their method of payment to EFT at any time by calling the number on their member ID card.
Help your clients get connected with Resources For Living®
Resources For Living is a unique program exclusively for your Aetna and Coventry MA/MAPD clients. In short, this program helps connect members and caregivers to resources in their community. With one phone call, members can get help finding local services and programs that can make life a little easier. For example, Resources For Living consultants can help with tasks such as:
- Finding contractors to do some work around the house
- Researching short or long-term housing options
- Looking up community transportation options
- Learning about activities at the local senior center
How does it work? Members can call Resources For Living at 1-866-370-4842 (TTY: 711), Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. for all continental U.S. time zones. There’s no cost to call and speak with Resources For Living consultants. But if members choose to use services that have associated costs, they’ll need to pay those expenses. For example, if they need home cleaning help, they’ll need to pay those costs. Learn more.
You can help spread the word about this program! Download a FREE Resources For Living member flyer from the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio to share with clients. English and Spanish language versions are available.
Encourage members to contact us if they have questions about their plan
For help with any MA/MAPD/PDP plan-related question, encourage members to contact the Member Services team by calling the phone number on their member ID card.
View Full Blog