Keeping you informed about COVID-19
As Aetna continues monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, they remain focused on the health and safety of members and agents. As an agent, you play an important role in keeping members informed. Aetna encourages you to check their website frequently for updated information about the virus and tips for staying healthy, and to learn about the ways Aetna is supporting members.
The Remote Agent Telephonic Enrollment (RATE) tool is a powerful feature that lets you enroll your clients by phone, after completing a compliant sales presentation with them. This is a convenient tool that can help you continue enrolling your clients telephonically in the event you can’t meet with them in-person due to concerns about COVID-19.
Requirements to use the RATE tool
- You must have access to the Ascend Virtual Sales Office app. To request access, fill out a quick request form on Producer World. Please note this can take up to 2-7 days to process your request.
- You must have an iPad. This is required. RATE is not compatible with other tablet brands.
- You must complete an online, self-paced compliance training and pass a quiz with a score of 90% in two tries or less.
After you successfully pass the quiz, Aetna will initiate a RATE license for you. This can take 1-2 days to complete. Once completed your 1-800 telephone number will be communicated to you by email.
Stuck at home? E-kits are another great option
Do you have clients who want to move forward with enrollment, without risking COVID-19 infection? E-kits are another convenient enrollment tool available to you through the Ascend Virtual Sales Office app. With the e-kit option, you can enroll your clients via email and web.
- No special set up or extra training is required to use it.
- Plus, it works on any laptop or iPad mobile device.
- Before using an e-Kit to enroll your client, you just need to complete a compliant sales presentation.
You must have the Ascend app to use e-kits. Click here to request access to the Ascend app on Producer World. Please note, it may take 2-7 business days to process your request.
Tools to help you conduct a compliant sales presentation
Remember, all sales and marketing activities must be conducted in compliance with all state, CMS and Aetna requirements. Regardless if you are meeting a client in person or telephonically, you are required to:
- Obtain a Scope of Appointment (SOA) prior to the start of all personal/individual marketing appointments held in person or by phone when MA, MAPD and PDP products are discussed.
- Remember you can obtain an SOA by email or text through the Ascend app.
- Provide Aetna’s CMS-approved MA/MAPD sales presentation, available in video format (English, Spanish and Chinese versions), or in PDF format (English, Spanish, Chinese, Russian and Polish versions) from Producer World.
- Provide and review the Summary of Benefits and current star ratings sheet. These documents are available through the Ascend app. Or you can download PDF copies from AetnaMedicare.com.
Members can access ExtraCare Health program
Did you know all Aetna MAPD and SilverScript PDP members are eligible for an ExtraCare Health program from CVS Pharmacy, one of Aetna’s preferred pharmacy partners?
Members can get 20% off on CVS brand health products, like vitamins, cold remedies and other over-the-counter supplies, in CVS stores or on CVS.com. The program does not offer discounts on prescription drugs.
The ExtraCare Health program is free, and members are under no obligation to use it.
Tools to help members get the most out of their 2020 Medicare Advantage plan
Encourage your members to register for their Aetna secure member portal, or search for a provider online using these valuable tools:
Personalized video explains plan benefits
Encourage your Aetna MAPD members to watch their new personalized benefits video by going to AetnaMedicare.com/YourVideo. The new video is personalized for each member and can help answer many FAQs about their plan.
View Full Blog