Aetna Rx Home Delivery is now CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy
Aetna is excited to share with you that Aetna Rx Home Delivery is now CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy. They expect this change to be seamless for their members. There’s nothing they need to do differently to get their prescriptions. The only differences they’ll see is now there will be a new logo on their prescription bottle and their billing statements will come from CVS Caremark.
Top 3 ways to prepare for the new contracting tool
As a reminder, Aetna is replacing their existing contracting system for MA/MAPD products with an improved tool starting June 17. The new contracting tool will expedite the contracting process and improve onboarding/contracting for new producers. (Currently contracted producers won’t need to take any action to recontract.) Here’s three ways you can start to prepare for the new contracting tool:
- Update your information in NIPR: Your demographic and state license information in NIPR will automatically update in to the new contracting tool. Make sure your personal information is up-to-date on the NIPR website.
- If you’re an upline, register for Producer World: Uplines will need to be registered on Producer World in order to access the new Medicare contracting tool to onboard new agents and agencies. If you’re not already registered, go to
- Make changes to nomoreforms early: There will be a short blackout period for submitting new contracts and making hierarchy changes to your current contract from June 3 – 16. Please note: During this period, you’ll still be able to submit demographic and banking updates through Producer World, and these updates will be made.
DSNP marketing materials are now on Studio
If you have Dual-eligible Special Needs Plans (DSNPs) in your market, you can now find, download, print and order DSNP marketing materials on the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio (MMS). You can find the materials in the designated DSNP category on the MMS menu. DSNP materials include:
Aetna is constantly adding new materials to the Studio. Make sure you check back often to find out what’s new.
Compliance Connection: How to stay compliant in 2019
As an Aetna MA/MAPD producer, you’re responsible for knowing and complying with Aetna’s policies and CMS’s regulations when assisting Medicare beneficiaries. Below are just some of the tools you can use to help stay compliant in 2019. You can find all of these materials on Producer World.
- MCMG – Remember to always refer to, and follow, the complete and current CMS Medicare Communications and Marketing Guidelines (MCMG)
- Compliance 101 training – Review this presentation for high-level compliance information you need to know before selling Aetnsa Medicare products.
- Sales presentations, talking points and sales videos – Every time you meet with a beneficiary to discuss MA/MAPD products (including formal events and one-on-one appointments), you must:
(Using the sales presentation video is optional. If you choose to use the video, you must use it with the sales presentation deck.)
- Medicare Marketing Code of Conduct– You’re required to read and follow this code of conduct. It outlines prohibited activities for agents selling our Medicare products. You’ll also need to comply with Aetna’s Code of Conduct and Medicare Compliance Program Policies & Procedures.
- CMS MCMG DOs & DON’Ts Agent Summary – This document summarizes specific rules and regulations you need to know and follow from the CMS MMG. Carry this portable list with you as a reference tool when selling Medicare products.
View Full Blog